The Ultimate Bucket List for Japan
Be the ultimate traveler to Japan and check everything off!
November 08, 2019
Osaka Bucket List
- See the glorious Osaka Castle.
- Spend an entire day at Universal Studios Japan.
- Strike a pose with the Glico Running Man in Dotonbori.
- Spot the iconic giant crab, also in Dotonbori.
- Enjoy the view at Abeno Harukas, the tallest skyscraper in Japan.
- Bring your kids to Osaka Legoland.
- Be amazed by the underwater world in NIFREL, an “Interactive Aquazoo.”
- See up close the gigantic sea creatures in Osaka Aquarium.
Kyoto Bucket List
- Take a selfie with the torii gates at Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine.
- Admire the beauty of the golden Kinkaku-ji Temple.
- Visit Kyoto Railway Museum and learn more about Japan’s train system.
- Spot a geisha in Gion, Kyoto’s geisha district.
- Explore the bamboo forest in Arashiyama.
- Feed the monkeys in Arashiyama Monkey Park.
- Shop for delicious treats in Nishiki Market.
- See the famed rock garden in Ryoanji Temple.
Hiroshima Bucket List
- Say a prayer for peace at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
- Take a picture of the Hiroshima Castle.
- Know more about sake brewing at Saijo Sake Breweries.
- Visit the Itsukushima Shrine during high tide to see the floating torii gate.
- Take a trip down memory lane with the old houses in Takehara.
- Breathe in some fresh air at Shukkeien Garden.
Okayama Bucket List
- Go for a stroll in Okayama Korakuen Garden.
- Enjoy a view of Okayama Castle.
- Know the tale of Momotaro in Kibitsujinja Shrine.
- Go shopping for jeans in Jeans Street in Kojima.
- Go cycling in Kibiji Cycling Road.
- Be impressed by numerous art pieces in Inujima Island.
- Try the 20-minute boat ride in Kurashiki.
Nara Bucket List
- Feed a deer in Nara Park.
- Be amazed by the big buddha in Todaiji Temple.
- Enjoy the bliss with the religious art pieces in Todaiji Museum.
- Browse the many good finds in the shops of Naramachi.
- Marvel at the five-story wooden pagoda in Kofukuji Temple.
- Go hiking in Mount Noshino
Purchase a Kansai WIDE Area Pass for unlimited rides in Kansai Area (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara), Okayama, and Hiroshima
Yamaguchi Bucket List
- Visit the Rurikoji Temple at night when the pagoda is illuminated.
- Rent a kimono and walk around Hagi Castle Town.
- Enjoy the view on the observation deck of Iwakuni Castle.
- Relax in the old garden of Ryufukuji Temple.
- Keep your feet warm in the hot springs of Yuda Onsen.
- Admire the unique architecture of Kintaikyo Bridge.
See our affordable rates on Hotels in Japan as well as more Tours and Experiences!