THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Are you ready for the new phase?
June 01, 2020
The Modified Enhanced Quarantine (MECQ) in Metro Manila and Davao City ends this Sunday, May 31, 2020 to give way for the more relaxed General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Since most of the regions in the country are now under GCQ (except for Cebu City and Mandaue), here are the guidelines that should be followed:
- Public transportation such as trains and buses, taxis, shuttle services, Point-to-Point buses, and bicycles are allowed but with limited capacity.
- Public Utility Buses, Modern PUVs, and UV Express will be allowed to operate starting June 21, 2020 but with limited capacity.
- Malls will be opened but with restrictions. Proper wearing of masks and temperature checks are needed upon entering.
- Domestic flights are now allowed but only when traveling from a GCQ area to another GCQ area.
- Senior citizens, high-health risk persons, pregnant women, and persons below 21 years old are still not allowed to go out.
- Offices will be opened, but only limited to certain industries.
- Amusement, gaming, and tourism industries are still not allowed to operate.
- Barbershops, salons, and restaurants can operate with 50% capacity and should follow safety measures.
Some guidelines are subject to change if amended by the IATF.