Bucket List: 100 Things to Do in the Philippines
It’s a long list, so start crossing them out now!
By Mathew S. Chan
February 24, 2016
Think you’ve seen and explored everything that our beautiful country has to offer? Let’s see if you were able to do everything on our ultimate bucket list of 100 things to do in the Philippines. If not, then by all means, travel more!
1. Visit Minalungao National Park in Gen. Tinio, Nueva Ecija and go swimming, cave exploring, raft riding, and cliff diving.
2. Attend the Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta at Clark, Pampanga.
3. Swim with the whale sharks in Oslob, Cebu.
4. Revisit history at Intramuros, Manila.
5. Experience Discovery Trail at Masungi Georeserve at Tanay, Rizal, where you can get in touch with nature.
6. Go white water rafting on Cagayan River.
7. Learn to surf at Baler, Aurora.
8. Go wakeboarding at Nuvali.
9. Try the trapeze at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
10. Experience fake snow at Baguio Country Club Christmas Village in December.
11. Eat pastel for days at Cagayan de Oro.
12. Explore Siargao Island.
13. Ride the Extreme Edge Coaster at Crown Regency, Cebu.
14. Go on a staycation in Picasso Boutique Residences at Makati.
15. Eat-all-you can at Spiral in Sofitel, Pasay.
16. Escape the metro and spend time with family in a Tagaytay weekend getaway.
17. Indulge in a rejuvenating stay in The Farm at San Benito at Lipa, Batangas.
18. Spend Christmas and New Year at Baguio.
19. Eat bagnet and Vigan longganisa at Ilocos Sur.
20. See the Bangui windmills first hand in Ilocos Norte.
21. Take a selfie at the Patapat Viaduct in Pagudpud.
22. Go kayaking along Port Barton in Palawan during sunset.
23. Climb the rock formations at Biri Island, Northern Samar.
24. Release some turtles into the sea at Turtle Island, Sulu.
25. Visit Zamboanga City’s Pink Beach in Sta. Cruz Island.
26. Swim in Dinagat Islands’ Bababu Lake.
27. Feed a giraffe at the Calauit Safari Park in Busuanga, Palawan.
28. Get a beer and watch the sunset along Corong-Corong, El Nido, Palawan.
29. Do free diving along Apo Reef in Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro.
30. Feed the monkeys of Bud Bongao, Tawi-Tawi.
31. Do skydiving in Bantayan Island.
32. Visit Manila's 10 best contemporary art galleries.
33. Go motorbiking at Sagada.
34. Try cliff-diving at Siquijor.
35. Bike around Batanes.
36. Play with stingless jellyfish at Sohoton in Surigao del Norte.
37. Enjoy picking oranges in Sagada.
38. Release turtle hatchlings back to the sea at Montemar Beach Club in Bataan.
39. Take horseback riding lessons at El Kabayo in Subic.
40. Learn how to climb a coconut tree.
41. Drive a jeepney for a day.
42. Go strawberry picking in Baguio.
43. Party all night in Boracay during the summer.
44. Visit all the islands in Hundred Islands National Park.
45. Go on a pilgrimage at Antipolo.
46. Experience the Feast of the Black Nazarene.
47. Join the street dancing at Sinulog in Cebu City.
48. Visit the Puerto Princesa Underground River in Palawan.
49. Try to eat raw tamilok in Palawan.
50. Eat authentic Cebu lechon.
51. See the wondrous Magellan’s Cross.
52. Climb and conquer Mount Pulag.
53. Go snorkeling and see giant clams at The Giant Clam Sanctuary in Samal.
54. Go spelunking in Cantabon Cave in Siquijor.
55. See butterflies at Siquijor Butterfly Sanctuary.
56. Stand in wonder in front of the Old Enchanted Balete Tree in Siquijor.
57. Drive a car with a full tank of gas and see where the road will lead.
58. Stroll down the historic Escolta Street in Manila.
59. Be transported back in time by exploring Calle Crisologo in Vigan.
60. Trek to the Bantay Bell Tower in Ilocos Sur.
61. Ride a bike from Manila to Baguio.
62. Take a tour of the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant.
63. See the Rafflesia mira flower in bloom at Mt. Candalaga in Compostela Valley.
64. Walk the road of the Bataan Death March.
65. Eat sinuglaw in Cagayan de Oro.
66. Explore the Taal Heritage Village in Batangas.
67. Take a trip to the Vanishing Island in Samal.
68. Experience healing at Tierra de Maria in Tagaytay.
69. Go wind and kite surfing at Bulabog Beach in Boracay.
70. Cliff dive at Ariel’s Point in Boracay.
71. See the Christmas on Display (COD) at Greenhills Shopping Center.
72. Attend the UP Lantern Parade.
73. Watch the Oblation Run.
74. Try out wakeboarding at the Camsur Watersports Complex.
75. Explore and relax in Dako Beach in Siargao.
76. Hike to Tuddingan Falls and Balay Anito Falls in La Union.
77. Ride the MRT-3, LRT-1, and LRT-2, end to end.
78. Have dessert at Kabigting's Halo Halo in San Fernando, Pampanga.
79. Visit Betis Church, Sistine Chapel of Pampanga, in Guagua.
80. Find the Ghost Town in Sabtang, Batanes.
81. Go ghost hunting at the Diplomat Hotel in Baguio.
82. Relive childhood at Enchanted Kingdom and Star City.
83. Conquer Mount Apo.
84. See a Tarsier in Bohol.
85. Witness the flight of the Philippine eagle at the Philippine Eagle Center in Davao.
86. Enjoy an awe-inspiring view of Chocolate Hills.
87. Help build homes with Gawad Kalinga.
88. Take a picture of Mayon Volcano.
89. Visit the BenCab Museum in Baguio.
90. Eat a hot bowl of Bulalo on a cold rainy day in Tagaytay.
91. Watch a show or performance at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
92. Trek to catch a majestic view of the Banaue Rice Terraces.
93. Watch and bet on a cockfight.
94. Walk along EDSA during an intense traffic jam.
95. Score a great bargain in Divisoria.
96. Go camping in Anawangin Cove in Zambales.
97. Fly an ultralight plane at the Angeles City Flying Club.
98. Go bungee jumping and take “The Plunge” at E.A.T Danao Adventure Parkland in Bohol.
99. See wildlife at the Calauit Safari Park in Palawan.
100. Ride the ferry in Pasig River Ferry Service.
Ready to pack up and travel around the Philippines? Book your hotels here!