WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ECQ AND GCQ?
Is your province under ECQ or GCQ?
May 06, 2020
The government has announced another extension of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) which will end on May 15, 2020. However, some regions, particularly those with a low risk of COVID-19 cases will be under General Community Quarantine (GCQ). To understand further, let's explore the differences between ECQ AND GCQ.
Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) specifies the following:
1. Everyone is required to STAY AT HOME. If possible, only one member of the household should go out to buy necessities.
2. Suspension of public transportation such as trains ( LRT-1, LRT-2, MRT-3, and PNR), jeepneys, buses, taxis, FX, UV Express, and TNVS (Grab, etc.).
3. Suspension of work, except for frontliners.
4. Establishments that provide basic necessities will remain open. Shopping malls are closed.
5. Everyone is required to wear a mask especially when going to public places.
6. Permanent residents of the Philippines are allowed to return from abroad but should be in home quarantine. Filipinos in the country are not allowed to travel abroad.
General Community Quarantine (GCQ) specifies the following:
1. Public transportation will be allowed, but passengers shall observe social distancing.
2. Malls will be opened but with restrictions. Proper wearing of masks and temperature checks are needed upon entering.
3. Airports will be opened for transferring of goods.
4. Senior citizens and high-health risk persons will still be required to stay at home.
5. Offices will be opened, but only limited to certain industries.