Holiday Schedule for 2011
Planning your trips for the year? Check out the schedule for this year’s holidays.
Before you start scribbling out-of-town trips into your 2011 planner, it's best to be sure of the non-working holidays for the year. PNoy has made a few changes regarding the rules on holidays, so here is an update for those planning their 2011 vacations.
- While there were several long weekends scattered within the past few years, Malacañang's new proclamation states that religious holidays will not be moved around to create more long weekends this year. Instead, only non-religious holidays can be moved to the nearest Monday.
- Eid'l Fitr and Eidul Adha are also now considered national holidays.
- The official list of public holidays is as follows:
- Regular Holidays
- New Year's Day - January 1 (Saturday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan - April 9 (Saturday)
- Maundy Thursday - April 21
- Good Friday - April 22
- Labor Day - May 1 (Sunday)
- Independence Day - June 12 (Sunday)
- National Heroes Day - August 29 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day - November 30 (Wednesday)
- Christmas Day - December 25 (Sunday)
- Rizal Day - December 30 (Friday)
- Special (Non-Working) Days
- Ninoy Aquino Day - August 21 (Sunday)
- All Saints Day - November 1 (Tuesday)
- Last Day of the Year - December 31 (Saturday)
- Special Holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary - February 25 (Friday)