New Noche Buena Recipes To Try
Fill your tummies with new delicious dishes this holiday season!
By David Bernabe
December 16, 2015
Christmas is upon us, with just one more week till the big day. Each year, you prepare your grand meals and traditional dishes that everyone comes to expect like sweet spaghetti, holiday ham, macaroni salad, fruit salad, and leche flan. Why not do something different this year? You can still keep some of your staple dishes, but consider overhauling your usual menu with new recipes that are both delicious and affordable to make. Read on for our suggested Noche Buena menu:
1 French bread (sliced 1 inch thick)
Finely chopped garlic or garlic powder
Salt to taste (optional)
1. Toast the French bread in an oven for 30 to 60 seconds in low to medium heat.
2. Spread the butter.
3. Sprinkle with the chopped garlic or garlic powder.
4. Add salt to taste. (Optional)
CORN & CARROTS
2 cups corn
2 cups carrots (cubed)
2 cups fried potatoes (cubed)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Heat the frying pan and then add the cooking oil.
2. Add the butter and mix it with the cooking oil until completely melted.
3. Add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the fried potatoes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from the frying pan and drain excess oil.
8. Spread the lettuce leaves on a plate. Serve the corn and carrots on top of the lettuce. (Optional)
SPANISH SARDINES PASTA
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons oil from bottled sardines
1/4 cup tomato (diced)
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
1 cup Spanish sardines (flaked)
400 grams cooked capellini pasta
Salt & pepper to taste
8 Spanish sardines fillets for garnishing
1. Heat both the olive oil and the oil from sardines in a large sauté pan.
2. Sauté the garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and toss quickly.
4. Add the flaked sardines and cook for a minute.
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Drain the water and toss with a little butter and olive oil.
*Chef’s Tip: You will know if the pasta is cooked if you bite it and see no white color in the middle. The pasta must be firm.
1. Place the pasta on a large plate.
2. Add more olive oil if desired.
3. Add the sauce.
4. Arrange the Spanish sardines fillets on top to garnish.
1 kilo chicken leg quarters
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper (Optional)
1 cup water
1. Mix the lemon zest and juice, rosemary leaves, butter, and olive oil.
2. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Add cayenne pepper if desired.
4. Add 1 cup of water to the mixture.
5. Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 3 hours.
6. Place the chicken in an oven (165 degrees F).
7. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper to add more flavor before serving.
MANGOES & CREAM
1 pack crushed graham
1 can condensed milk
330 ml all-purpose cream
3 large sized mangoes, sliced thinly
1. Mix the condensed milk and all-purpose cream.
2. Spread half of the crushed graham on a large pan (just enough to cover the bottom).
3. Spread the thinly sliced mango onto the graham.
4. Add the mixed condense milk and all-purpose cream.
5. Add the remaining crushed graham on top.
6. Put it in the freezer until ready to be served.