TravelBook.ph’s Guide to Puerto Princesa
Explore all the wonders Puerto Princesa has to offer by referring to these tips.
Puerto Princesa is a bustling city in Palawan. In terms of landmass, it is the second largest city in the Philippines next to Davao City. A perfect location for a beach getaway, Puerto Princesa offers guests an assortment of activities to try, especially for first-timers. If you’re heading to the city soon, check out this guide for tips.
HOW TO GET TO PUERTO PRINCESA
There are 2 ways of getting to Puerto Princesa:
- This is the most convenient way to get to Puerto Princesa.
- All major airlines have daily flights to Puerto Princesa typically costing around PHP 4,000 for a one-way ticket from Manila.
- The flight only takes around an hour.
- This is a cheap transportation option if you’re going to Puerto Princesa on a budget.
- However, the travel time is very long, so weigh the pros and cons before doing so. For reasons to try sea travel, click here.
- You can take a boat via 2GO Travel to get to Puerto Princesa from Manila, which costs around PHP 1,600 one-way. This takes about 29 hours.
- 2GO only offers one trip every week, which is usually on a Friday.
WHAT TO DO
- One of the best things to do in Puerto Princesa is to go on one of the following tours:
- City Tour – This half-day tour, which costs PHP 1,850 per person, takes you to places like Crocodile Farm and Baker’s Hill.
- Honda Bay Tour – Go visit Palawan’s other stunning islands and white beaches. You can also try snorkeling and diving. This costs around PHP 1,500 per person.
- Dos Palmas Day Tour – For around PHP 1,800 per person, you will be taken to the island where you can spend the day doing everything from lunch on the beach to snorkeling and diving.
- Underground River Tour – Visit the famous New 7 Wonder of the World and explore the beauty that lies within its 8 km river. It costs around PHP 2,000 per person.
- Another great thing to do in Puerto Princesa is to eat. One thing you must try is the tamilok, which is like the balut of Palawan. It is a wood worm usually found in mangrove trees, eaten raw after being marinated. Others have compared it to a fresh oyster due its texture. You can have a try of this if you are doing the Underground River Tour. It costs around PHP 100.
- Other nice places to eat at include:
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant - Try their chicken inasal.
- Itoy’s Coffee Haus – It’s the first coffee shop on the island.
- Divine Sweets – This is often considered the Conti’s of Palawan.
- Tricycles cost around PHP 10 per trip anywhere around the city.
- You can get some of the best and lowest priced pearls in the Philippines in Puerto Princesa. You can check out Cora’s or Delma’s.
- Ram Tan Trading offers the best roasted kasoy on the island.
- If you are looking for the nightlife in the city, head to Rizal Avenue.